Note: For best performance, we now ship Explorer Hat with the perfect antenna for your operating frequency. Be sure to select the right one! Select 868MHz for 868-869MHz, and 915MHz for 902-928MHz!
Introducing the 900MHz Explorer Hat! Now you can use buttons and a screen to explore the 900MHz radio band with your Raspberry Pi Zero W or Raspberry Pi 3.
We are currently accepting preorders with availability in April. Get first in line by pre-ordering now! Make sure you select the proper frequency for your region!
Please note: due to restrictions on Raspberry Pi Zero W distribution, we are unable to bundle this with the Raspberry Pi Zero W. This is for the 900MHz Explorer Hat only. For a soldering-free experience, we suggest purchasing the new Raspberry Pi Zero WH (with headers soldered on!). You can find Raspberry Pi Zero WH at many great retailers, such as Adafruit¹ -- or other distributors throughout the world.
• General purpose ISM band transceiver based on Texas Instruments CC1110
• 915MHz US ISM and 868MHz EU License Exempt
• Comes with either 868MHz or 915MHz antenna
• On board LiPo battery charger
• Boost converter for powering Raspberry Pi Zero W or Raspberry Pi 3 at 5 Volts
• Battery power switch and PTC self-resetting fuse
• Battery fuel gauge (I2C)
• 128x64 OLED display screen included (I2C)
• Two general purpose buttons (GPIO)
• Versatile wireless development board for prototyping
• Compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero W and Raspberry Pi 3
• Raspberry Pi Zero W / Raspberry Pi 3 library and example software
• RFCat support
• Open hardware design
• Texas Instruments CC1110 with programmable 8051 core
• Dimensions: 68 x 16 mm
• Guaranteed frequency range: 868-869MHz (EU SRD), 902-928MHz (Region 2 ISM, Amateur Radio)
• PLL transceiver range: 782-928MHz
• Up to 10dBm output power (10mW)
• Up to 500kbps data rate
• Receive sensitivity as low as -110dBm
• 2-FSK, GFSK, MSK, ASK, and OOK
In the box
• Explorer Hat
• Antenna (868 or 915MHz -- your choice)
• Coupling kit (screws and spacers)